Friday, July 30, 2010

Getting Back on Track

I have done really great over the past week and I'm so excited about it. I've lost 6 pounds! Here's what I've been up to.
  • My husband and I are still exercising together. We went hiking last Saturday. It was HOT, 96 degrees. 
  • We also walked at the high school track on Monday. The weather wasn't as bad; I did a mile that day, with a little bit of jogging thrown in there.
  •  I've been getting serious about drinking water. I've been carrying a Smart Water bottle with me everywhere. Most of the time, it's filled with tap water though. =) 
  • Using some beginner's videos on YouTube, I've tried Zumba. I think I like it, but I'm not ready to buy just yet. Has anyone had any experience with it? 
  • I've really restricted my portion sizes this week. I think that has helped the most.

I'm pretty proud of myself for digging in and making some necessary changes. Now to keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. I love Smart Water, but I also usually fill them up with tap water. :) Assuming there isn't a great concentration of lead or chlorine in it, we should be OK. Didn't hurt us when we were growing up.

    I FINALLY tried Zumba for the first time, which I'll be talking about in a blog later today, but I loved it! Email me at littlemisswriteronlineATgmailDOTcom and I'll talk to you about seeing if I can help you out with being able to try something other than YouTube. Just don't want to post it here in case the Zumba police are prowling. :)

    ReplyDelete