Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Tough Week

Today is a great day. After having a pretty crappy week, it is exactly what I needed to keep me going.

It all started last Saturday. We went out to dinner, despite my argument that it would be hard to avoid eating something yummy bad for me. We had plans the next day to go bowling with friends and then to Pizza Hut afterward. Their choice, not mine. So I didn't want to be bad Saturday night, when I knew Sunday was unavoidable. But we went, and my DH promised we would skip out on the pizza.

Then comes Sunday. "Do we have to skip Pizza Hut? Everyone else is going!" *sigh* So we go. And I have to say, it was some of the best pizza I've had in awhile. But I was so mad at myself for being talked into eating out twice.

Tuesday night rolls around and we have to do some shopping. We normally don't do this during the week, but our contractor needed something for the house, so a trip to Home Depot was necessary. We had a disagreement about the house on the way there, putting us both in bad moods. It was late by the time we were finished and I was still irritated so a sit down restaurant was out of the question. Instead, we got Chinese on the way home.

It was so yummy. And I didn't do too bad. Egg drop soup is okay, without the noodles. And moo-shu chicken just has cabbage, eggs, onions and scallions, so overall, the meal wasn't horrible. Plus, I put more than half of it in the fridge, which my husband later ate. But that's on him.

The next day at work, I was still upset with DH and I did something stupid. I ate a cinnamon roll. I was so mad at myself immediately after. I looked at the package and it had 65 carbs! Not too mention it was all sugar. I wanted to throw it up. I contemplated it, but bulimia was never something I could bring myself to. I know it's bad for me.

I was so mad at myself the rest of the day. But I didn't throw the day away. I was good when I got home from work and good at dinner. So I had that to celebrate.

Saturday rolls around and I find out that my sister-in-law is indeed having a baby girl come May. This, of course, was the last thing I was holding onto and I lost it. I cried for over an hour Saturday morning. It was awful. I'm still pretty upset about it but I'm trying to put it aside for the moment. The only thing I had to eat yesterday was a small egg and ham scramble that DH made around 5pm. I really just didn't feel up to eating.

 So now, we're too this morning. The day I've chosen to weigh in. I was SO nervous and I didn't want to. I almost refused. But I knew I had to face the music. I had made the mistakes and I had to own up to them. So, with trepidation, I stepped onto the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment