Wednesday, January 27, 2010

While the DH is away, the DW will play. Or not...

My husband left this morning for a Bible conference. He will be gone until late Sunday. I'm telling you this because of the impact it has on me. Yes, of course, I'm going to miss him terribly. But more importantly, for the purpose of this blog anyway, I'm worried about what effect his being gone is going to have on my diet.

He does most of the cooking in our house. Because he went to culinary school, so it just seemed like the natural thing to do. I'm not very good in the kitchen, except for a few key dishes. I can heat up some Ramen or make pasta, or scoop some ice cream into a bowl. None of which are good for my diet.

The diet is continuing to go well. I'm still losing weight! So I don't want his absence to ruin the changes we've made in the last few weeks. We stocked up on chicken salad and sugar free pudding cups, apples and eggs. I should be able to make good choices this week. I have plenty of fast and easy meal options.

But nevertheless, I'm a little concerned. You see, he is my strength. We have been relying on each other to keep up in check. It's actually been great to have a constant support system. I think openly talking about our diet and weight has really helped us to stay on-plan.

We'll still be communicating via the phone and the internet. So hopefully, we can still offer each other moral support. And I know we're both strong enough to get past this weekend. It is just going to take a little bit of extra effort. That's totally something I'm willing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment